Taking care of yourself helps you to be healthy in body and mind while you we are practicing social-distancing and dealing with the anxiety associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Diane Sieg, a healthcare speaker, author, coach and nurse, suggests choosing one thing to develop into a daily practice that helps you connect and feel good about yourself. That personal choice can make the difference in dealing with your anxiety and help to give you energy to be more resilient.
Here are some things to try:
- Drink plenty of water, and try to eat healthy food. Knowing that you met a healthy goal for the day can make you feel good about yourself.
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours a night.
- Exercise every day. Try to get outside for a walk.
- Take deep breaths.
- Stretch often.
- Maintain a routine.
- Listen to music or read books.
- Make sure that the news sources that you are using for information are reliable, and don’t over-do the research.